Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Breakthrough moment

I have hairy sasqatch legs at the moment so I opted to wear some long workout pants and a new tank (my prize for winning the Healthy bodies contest ) to the gym tonight. This is not my usual attire so I didn't feel 100% comfortable (which is kind of funny because I usually wear a lot less but I guess with different fabric and fit it made a difference to me). As I was gathering up my things and heading out the door I started to ask my husband, "Does this make..." and then I stopped myself. Well, of course he wanted to know what I was going to say so I told him, "I was going to ask you if this made me look fat." But before he could roll his eyes I followed up with, "I know I'm not fat and I don't know why I was going to ask you that. I am not going to ask you that stupid question anymore because I'M NOT FAT!!!" And his response, "Good, because I wouldn't tell you even if you did". I love that man! He loves me for me.

For the majority of my 32 years I have felt fat or less than good enough. Why? I always excelled in school, had lots of friends, and have pretty much been successful at whatever I tried. I'm not sure when this self deprecating began but I do know when it will end. RIGHT NOW!!! I am smart. I am a good daughter, mother, wife & friend. I am a good cook. I am strong. I am an attractive woman. I am a fierce competitor.  I am a marathoner. I am a triathlete. I am healthy. I am bad ass.

Just look at the bad assness!

I had an "aha!" moment today. I hope that if you struggle with self deprecating ways that you too have an "aha!" moment. We are all bad ass in our own way!



1 comment:

  1. i know I don't know you but reading any woman realise how amazing, beautiful and strong they are always makes me smile... hope you have an amazing christmas :)

    ReplyDelete